Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Mourning The Morning

, , , | Right | June 5, 2017

(I work at a popular gas station in a small town. Since we cater mostly to farmers and harvest is over we have switched to winter hours. We open an hour later and close an hour earlier than the rest of the chain due to lack of business. This happens during my morning shift around 5:30 am.)

Customer: “I can’t believe ya’ll aren’t gunna be open at five anymore. Why?”

Me: “Unfortunately, we don’t get enough business in the winter to make being open that early viable.”

Customer: “Well, I don’t know what I’m going to do. I come in here every morning on my way to work to get my energy drinks and I might just have to take my business to [Other Gas Station].”

(He continues rambling on about how this is going to ruin his mornings and how he comes into my gas station almost every day and he thinks owners of the company make enough money where they shouldn’t worry about an extra hour at this one store. By the time he gets up to the front I’ve had just about enough and he starts talking about what kind of discounts he could get since we are “inconveniencing” him.)

Me: “Sir, I apologize for possibly making your morning routine a bit more difficult. I understand how frustrating that can be. But please understand that I do not make the rules. I only follow them, therefore I cannot give you any kind of discount.”

Customer: “But I come in here every morning!”

Me: “I open almost every morning and I’ve never seen you in here before at this time ever.”

Customer: *silence*


Did you find this story on our Overtime roundup?

Click here to read the next story!

Click here to get back to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!