Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Mountain Of Youth

, , , , | Right | January 30, 2023

I was thirty-two when I first started learning how to snowboard. I bought my own helmet. Being an adult student at that time, I bought the cheapest I could get, so it was white and pink with cute drawings on the side.

People often think I am younger than I am due to my Asian genes and height. My suit was also oversized because it was my mother-in-law’s. My husband said he felt like he was taking a niece to her snowboard lesson. He was not the only one thinking that.

Me: “Hi. My class is going up this hill now. Can I use my points ticket?”

Lift Operator: “No. You need to buy the day pass.”

Me: “Oh. I would like to have the two-day pass, then.”

Lift Operator: “Okay, but…” *Stares intently at me*

Me: “But?”

Lift Operator: “I need to ask. Are you a child or an adult?”

I did contemplate for a short while whether I should have said that I was a child. However, I thought it wouldn’t bring good Karma. In the end, I did get the adult ticket, and I didn’t break any bones while learning to snowboard.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!