Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

More Than You Bargained For, Part 2

, , , , | Right | September 6, 2011

Woman: “Can you tell me the price of these pants? I found them on the 25% off rack.”

Me: “Sure thing. They’re $22.50.”

Woman: “But that’s not 25% off.”

Me: “They probably got put on the wrong rack, but they were actually $45.00, so you’re actually getting 50% off.”

Woman: “But the sign said 25% off.”

Me: “I understand, but like I said, they were on the wrong rack and are actually more than 25% off.”

Woman: “I want them for the price that the sign advertised! Can I just talk to a manager? You sales people are so stupid sometimes. It’s not a hard concept.”

Me: “Oh, believe me, I know it’s not a hard concept. Let me call a manager for you.”

(I call a manager and she comes over. I explain to her what is going on.)

Manager: “If you get these pants as the price they are ringing up at, they are $22.50. If you get them at 25% off, they are $33.75.”

Woman: “That’s what I want! Why is math such a hard concept for the workers here to grasp? Just change the price and give them to me for $33.75 or whatever.”

(I changed the price so they were more expensive. The customer walks away, still mumbling something about how we suck at math.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!