Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

More Than Just Lip Service

| Friendly | May 23, 2015

(I’m a little kid at this time, and I used to love pushing the shopping cart around. Since I was little, I stood on the bottom of the cart to put my chin on the handle, but sadly, this time, I slip and bite the bottom of my lip extremely hard.)

Me: “Daddy! It hurts!” *holding my profusely bleeding lip*

Dad: “Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh!” *proceeds to fumble around in pockets trying to find a handkerchief*

Nice Lady: “Oh, are you all right?” *comes rushing up* “Here, you can have mine.”

(She hands my dad her handkerchief, which he then pushes up against my lip, attempting to stop the bleeding.)

Dad: “Thank you so much! Would it be all right if I asked for your number, to return your handkerchief once it’s washed?”

Nice Lady: “Oh, no, that’s all right; keep it. Your daughter certainly seems to need it more than I do.”

(She was so nice! I’ve had a hunk of scar tissue in my bottom lip ever since, and developed the habit of chewing on it when I’m stressed. Whenever I do, I think of her, and just how much a stranger’s help can mean to someone in need.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!