Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

More Soup For You!

, , , , | Right | March 15, 2021

When I am in high school, I often head off campus during lunch to get better food than the cafeteria has to offer. I have a late lunch, and one day, I decide to try a little café I’ve never been to before. I walk in the door around 1:15 and approach the counter, carefully scanning the menu board.

Me: “Could I please get a… tomato soup and a grilled cheese? And a large tea?”

Cashier: “Well, you can have tea, and there might be a sandwich in the cold case, but I can’t grill it.”

Me: “What?”

The cashier points at the big letters on the menu board.

Cashier: “We don’t serve hot food after 1:00 pm.”

Me: “Oh. Oh, shoot. I didn’t see that. Crap. I’m sorry, could you give me a sec to look through the cold case?”

Cashier: “Hmm, you know what? Screw it. That’ll be [amount]; do you want it to go?”

Me: “What?”

Cashier: *Shrugs* “You were nice about it.”

Me: “Oh! That’s really okay. It was my mistake!”

Cashier: *Already prepping my food* “The soup is still hot, and it takes two seconds to clean the sandwich press. It’s no trouble, really.”

Me: “Thank you so much!”

That was the best soup I ever had!


This story is part of our Feel Good roundup for March 2021!

Read the next Feel Good roundup for March 2021 story!

Read the Feel Good roundup for March 2021!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!