Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Monster Calls Every Day Of The Week

, , , | Working | September 17, 2017

(I’m twenty-four and I’ve liked The Beatles since I was sixteen. A new documentary about them has been released to the theatres, so I decide to check it out. Most of the conversation happens in Finnish, but the documentary was released under its English name, “Eight Days a Week.”)

Me: “Hi! I’d like these.” *points to the soda bottle and the chocolate bar that I set on the counter* “And a student ticket to Eight Days a Week.”

Employee: “What?” *says something incoherent*

Me: *assuming I said the middle part too quickly* “A student ticket?”

Employee: “But which movie?”

Me:Eight Days a Week.” *short silence* “The Beatles film…”

Employee:A Monster Calls?”

(This film also goes by its English name in Finland.)

Me: “No, Eight Days a Week. Beatles.”

Employee:A Monster Calls, at what time?”

Me: “No. Eight Days a Week, The Beatles, at [time].”

Employee: *brings up the seating chart for A Monster Calls* “This one?”

Me: “No.”

Employee: *finally brings up the seating chart for Eight Days a Week* “This one?”

Me: “Yes…”

(I wonder how horribly I mangled English to make “Eight Days a Week” sound like “A Monster Calls.” Or maybe I was just too young to be buying tickets to the Beatles documentary.)


This story is part of our Beatles roundup!

Want to read the next story? Click here!

Want to read the roundup? Click here!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!