Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Money Can Be Exchanged For Goods *AND SERVICES*

, , , , | Legal Right | July 10, 2022

I’m an attorney hired by a designer. I’m informing the client over the phone that he’s being sued for not paying the amount specified.

Me: “Good afternoon. My name is [My Name], representing [Designer] and [Company]. We’re calling about payment that has not yet been received for a project which you agreed to pay for.”

Client: “What?! Who’s suing me?! Who is this?”

Me: “As I said, my name is [My Name], representing [Designer] and [Company]. You have [amount] that was supposed to be paid several months ago, as agreed upon by a contract with my clients.”

Client: “Are you suing me for a website? You’re not making any d*** sense!”

Me: “You owe someone a fair deal of money, and you’ve made it very clear that you have no intention of paying. I have several emails from your email address responding to my clients with messages such as, ‘Sayonara, suckers,’ and I am calling to see if you’d like to pay your fees now, or if we need to bring this into a courtroom, which I’m sure we’re all looking to avoid.“

Client: “I don’t know who this is or what the h*** you want from me, but listen up: fooling someone to make you a website isn’t a crime!”

Me: “You’re actually looking at some large fines and, should this be considered a felony, jail time.”

Client: “You’re a d*** lawyer; you should know websites aren’t real. A website isn’t a thing; you can’t steal it! [Designer] can still look at it; it’s still kinda his!”

Within three days’ time, the designer received a check with the amount listed and an additional $20.00 “for your a**hole lawyer boyfriend.“ The designer had to resist framing the check for the novelty.


This story is part of our ‘Clients From Hell’ roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!