Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Moms: Gotta Love ‘Em, Part 2

, , , | Right | November 4, 2009

Me: “Thank you for calling [Store]. How may I direct your call?”

Customer: “Can you tell me if you have a product in your store? I have a code from an old receipt.”

Me: “Sure.”

(I pull up my terminal and she gives me the number. The screen gives me information for a very specific brand of condom.)

Me: “Yes, we have six in stock.”

Customer: “Wait, you have some? Last time I was in you were out. I need that specific product. See, I have this deal with my son. I buy him condoms and he doesn’t provide me with grandbabies.”

Me: “That’s nice.”

Customer: “Can I buy those condoms over the phone and have them sent to my son? I don’t want grandbabies until he’s out of grad school, and he’s on the east coast.”

Me: “No, ma’am. You can buy them online and have them shipped to a store near him.”

Customer: “Well, he doesn’t have a car. Can they be shipped to his house from your store?”

Me: “I’m sorry, but no. You could come in and buy them and ship to him yourself?”

Customer: “I guess I’ll have to do that. But knowing my luck, I’d run into everyone I knew while I was there. Thanks!”


This story is part of our customers give TMI roundup!

Read the next customers give TMI roundup story!

Read the customers give TIM roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!