Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Mommy’s Little Dearest Gets His Rewards

, , , , , , | Working | August 15, 2018

I work at a busy gas station off the highway. It is a Friday afternoon, and I am paired with one of the worst coworkers ever: a mama’s boy who whines about everything.  

This afternoon, the whole station is filled with people wanting to get gas, beer, pop, and whatever else they need to start their weekend. I am on the main terminal, moving the line along. My coworker is talking on the phone with his mom, being slow and rude, asking me to help him out. I finally get tired of it and excuse myself to go in the back, where our boss is sitting in the office. I complain a bit about the coworker. After, I tell the boss that I should get back out there. He tells me to stay in the back for a few more minutes, which I gladly do.

After a few more minutes, I go back out to the glare of my coworker, and get the store cleared out. He is still talking to his mother.  

A week or so later, he gets a delivery through the regional office. It is a “secret shopper’s” report, from that afternoon! Long story short: he no longer has a job.  

He threatens to sue for “defamation of character,” which probably won’t go far.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!