Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #18433

Unfiltered | May 1, 2016

I like to look around at thrift stores for random items, although I’m far more likely to buy things for a particular friend of mine than myself, as he has more collections than I do. One of his collections is mushroom themed kitchen ware, which he largely gets for his camper. As I’m shopping, I see a pair of mushroom shaped bird houses and think of him, but I’m unsure if he’ll like them so I take a picture and send it to him.

Random lady: *seeing me examine the bird houses* Oh, those are fun, aren’t they?

Me: Yeah. I have a friend who has mushroom stuff at his camper, but I don’t know if he’d want to put these up. *I set them down and walk away*

(About 10 minutes later, I get a message back from my friend saying that he would, in fact, really like them. I head back to the section they were in, only to see them gone. I’m a little disappointed, but shrug it off and carry on. Half way across the store, I run into the lady from before, who I notice has the bird houses in her cart.)

Random lady: Oh, you’re still here! Did your friend tell you if they liked those bird houses?

Me: Oh um, yeah. But that’s ok, you grabbed them first.

Random lady: Oh but I just thought they were kind of cute, if your friend likes them and collects mushrooms, you should get them!

Me: Are you sure?

Random lady: Totally! *she takes the houses from her cart and hands them to me*

Me: Wow, thanks!

Random lady: Enjoy them! *walks off*

(It seems like such a simple gesture but I was really excited to get them for my friend, and so many people can get so competitive with shopping at thrift stores that it really warmed my heart)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!