Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Modern Scam-ily

, , , , | Right | January 29, 2011

(An elderly woman enters and approaches the counter carrying an original Xbox under her arm.)

Customer: “My grandson gave me this for Christmas and, well, I’m just not interested in video games, so I was wondering if I could trade it in for money.”

Me: “Well, we can only give you store credit, not cash.”

Customer: “Oh, that’s fine. I could just give him the store credit as a late Christmas gift.”

Me: “All right. Well, before I take it, I have to test it to make sure it works.”

Customer: “No.”

Me: “Hmm?”

Customer: “Why do you have to test it? I’m sure it works!”

Me: “Company policy, ma’am. It’ll just be a second; I just have to plug it in right here and see if it turns on and runs a game.”

Customer: “I’m saying you don’t need to check it! Why would my grandson give me a broken game?!”

Me: “Well, then, you can’t trade it in, ma’am.”

Customer: “Fine, go ahead! I’m sure it works!”

(I proceed to plug the system in, and it turns on, but the disc tray opens on its own and refuses to close unless I force it closed while the power is off.)

Me: “Ma’am, I can’t take this system. The disc tray doesn’t stay closed and–”

(Suddenly, the woman ripped the cords out of the test TV and outlet, picked up the Xbox, and stormed out. While the door was still open, she smacked a young man standing outside the door in the back of the head and screamed, “Stupid kid, making me look like a fool just so you could get rid of your d*** broken system!”)


This story is included in our Videogame Store roundup.

Click here to go to the next story!

Click here to go to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!