Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Model Behavior

, , , | Learning | September 27, 2011

(Several other high school students and I are on lunch break at a Model UN simulation. I am part of the Nigeria delegation. We are all about fifteen years old.)

Woman: “So, are you a visiting diplomat from Nigeria?”

Me: “No, there’s a Model UN for high school students here today. I’m not really a diplomat.”

Woman: “Oh, cool. So you’re like some foreign student who gets sent here to do some simulation?”

Me: “No, I go to [local high school]. I’m not actually Nigerian.”

(Note that I am white and do not in any way remotely resemble someone one would expect to be from Nigeria.)

Woman: “Isn’t it a felony to impersonate an ambassador?”

Me: “No, it’s a model UN meeting. I’m not impersonating anybody. My tag clearly says ‘Model United Nations.'”

Woman: “Well, I’m reporting you to campus security!”

(She goes over to the campus security booth nearby and says something to the guard. The guard responds and she angrily walks away. As soon as she is gone, he bursts out laughing).

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!