Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Misunderstood ‘Do You Copy?’

| Working | January 19, 2015

(I work testing, interviewing, and hiring people for local work and have to collect IDs during the hiring process.)

Me: “Okay, I need to see your photocopy and the original of two forms of current and valid state and federal IDs to finish this paperwork.”

Applicant: “Will my passport work?”

Me: “As long as it is current, and I will also need a state ID like a driver’s license.”

Applicant: “Okay.” *hands me only the passport*

Me: “You were asked over the phone to bring a photocopy of your IDs. Can I have that as well?”

Applicant: “Can’t you just make a copy?”

(We are at a public location per their request since they live so far away. Since we are not at my office I cannot and I tell them so.)

Applicant: “Well, I don’t have a copy. Can’t you take my ID with you back to your office and mail it back to me?”

(It is illegal to do so and I inform them of this.)

Applicant: “Well, the person I spoke to on the phone never told me about this.

You should really hire competent people. He sounded very new and not all that bright.”

Me: “That was me you spoke to on the phone and I checked with you twice to make sure you understood what you had to bring today.”

Applicant: “Well, he wasn’t very clear. You should fire that guy. So, when do I start?”

(I pack up my things and hand back her passport.)

Me: “We’ll let you know.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!