Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Mistaken About Their Own Mistakes

, | Working | October 21, 2012

(My boyfriend and I frequent a local burger place, to the point that some of the cashiers know to put “No pickles, heavy onions” on the order before we even say it. Everyone seems to like us except this one shift manager who has always had a sour puss on her face.)

Me: *to the shift manager* “So, four cheeseburgers, no pickles and heavy onions, and four bacon burgers, no pickles heavy onions, please.”

My Boyfriend: “Oh and two value sodas.”

Me: “Oh yeah. Thanks, I forgot!”

(The shift manager reads the cost, which I think it sounds a bit low, but figure I just miscalculated. However, when we get the receipt, it says four cheeseburgers, four regular burgers.)

Me: “Oh, sorry, I wanted four bacon burgers, not regular burgers.”

Shift Manager: “You know, every time you two are in here, you act like you NEVER make a mistake!”

My Boyfriend: “…Excuse me?!”

Shift Manager: “Hey, don’t you yell at me! If you keep up that tone of voice, I’m going to have to ask you to leave!”

Me: “I’ve got a better idea: how about you cancel the order and give us our money back, because we’re leaving anyway?”

Shift Manager: “Fine, whatever! I just said, ‘Sorry, I made a mistake!'”

Me: “No, that’s the OPPOSITE of what you just said!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!