Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Missing Her Husband And Her Manners

, , , | Right | February 11, 2021

I work at a specialist office. One day, while we are extremely busy, a patient’s wife goes up to talk to my coworker. I do not overhear the conversation as I am tied up, but after I finish what I am doing, the lady approaches me.

Lady: “Do you know where [Husband] is?”

Me: “Sorry, I don’t. He hasn’t even checked in with us yet.”

Lady: “He was just at the desk here! He wouldn’t have just disappeared!” 

Me: “Yeah, I’m really sorry, but I’m not too sure.”

Lady: *Storming away* “You guys are crazy!”

Later, the lady’s husband shows up at the front desk to check in with us; he has been in the washroom the whole time! I can tell that this lady has been very upset and nervous, because she keeps breaking out into relieved and anxious laughter at the desk with us, hardly apologizing. After the two check in and sit down, I turn to my coworker.

Me: “What did you say to the lady when she first came up?”

Coworker: “That he was in the bathroom.”

Me: “Seriously?!”

Coworker: “Some people just don’t listen.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!