Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Miss Strawberry Vodka Needs Her Tonic

| Right | March 30, 2015

(My coworkers and I are enjoying our company holiday party. One of my coworkers, who just turned 21, is ordering a drink. The server is clearly experienced and knows what she’s doing.)

Coworker: “Can I please have a strawberry lemonade with vodka?”

Server: “Sure! I’ll be back with your drinks.”

(About three minutes later, the server arrives with my tables’ drinks, including my coworker’s lemonade. She takes a sip.)

Coworker: “Oh, no! This is too strong. Can you please add some more juice to it? And can you also add some whipped cream on top?”

Server: “Sure, no problem.”

(Our server is back almost a minute afterwards with her drink. As soon as she puts it down in front of my coworker, the following happens:)

Coworker: “I forgot to ask you to put it all in the blender! I can’t have this drink like this. Please take it back and put it through the blender!”

Server: “I am sorry, miss, but you would need to order a new drink.”

Coworker: “Why? It’s just a quick ten seconds on the blender! How is that too hard for you to do?”

Server: “I apologize but this is company policy. Would you like to order a frozen drink instead?”

Coworker: “Never mind! You’re so unhelpful! I would like to speak to your manager!”

Me & Other Coworkers: “Shut up and drink your cocktail!”

(We found out that my coworker did not tip our server. We all gave a little extra on our tips to make up for her abrasiveness. Our server was really happy to know not all of us were like my coworker!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!