Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Misadventures In Time And Space

, , , , | Right | April 25, 2011

Me: “[Taxi call center], how can I help you?”

Customer: “Oh my goodness. I need a cab right now!”

Me: “Alright, we’ll try and work fast as we can for you. What is the address we’re picking you up from?”

Customer: “1234 Smith Ave.”

Me: “That address is not showing up in our system. Is there a direction on Smith Ave? North, south, east or west?”

Customer: “I think it’s 1234 Smith Ave. Or it could be John St.”

Me: “Alright. If you’re not sure of the address, is there someone there you can ask, please?”

Customer: “Oh, this is my place.”

Me: “You don’t know your address? Do you receive mail at your home? Could you look at the address on that for me?”

Customer: “Hold on. Oh! It’s 1234 North Smith Ave!”

Me: “Okay, that went into the system just fine. We’ll try and get a cab over to you as soon as possible.”

Customer: “Oh dear. What time is it?”

Me: “It’s about 9:15.”

Customer: “Oh no! In the morning?”

Me: “No, it’s 9:15pm… at night.”

Customer: “Oh, good! I didn’t miss my appointment. I need a cab for the morning! I’ll call back then! Thank you! Bye!” *click*


Did you find this story using our Taxi Diver roundup?

Click here to read the next story!

Click here to get back to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!