Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall, Who Is Skinniest Of Them All?

| Working | August 26, 2016

(I’m in the dressing room of a small mom-and-pop clothing boutique. This particular store doesn’t have mirrors in the stalls but instead has several mirrors around the common part of the dressing room area. I just tried on a dress and am looking in the mirror. I’m overweight, which makes it hard for me to find outfits I look good in, and this one seems to fit the bill. All of a sudden:)

Attendant: “Excuse me?”

Me: “Yes?”

Attendant: “Just wanted to mention… we have a lot of mirrors, and, um, we call this one our skinny mirror, um, because it makes you look skinnier than, um, you are, and, like, we just try to tell customers, so, um, they can look in other… mirrors…”

(I am really upset; it feels like a comment on my weight. I turn to her, about to say something about it, when I see that she’s bright red and stammering.)

Attendant: “I’m so sorry! We have to tell that to customers! The dress looks beautiful on you! I’ve only been here for a week and I haven’t figured out a nice way to say it yet!”

(I had to feel bad, so I just told her it was fine. I looked in another mirror… I ended up not keeping the dress.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!