Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Minivan Gets Maxi-Speed

, , , , , | Legal | August 3, 2019

I am driving on the highway, right around sunset, in my ugly blue minivan. Right after I’ve come around a bend, I hear revving behind me, and I see a bright red sports car come swerving around the turn. I am going right on the speed limit, but this car passes me like I’m sitting still, easily going twenty or more miles over the speed limit.

Immediately after it passes, I hear a siren behind me, and a police car speeds into view. I, being the law-abiding citizen that I am, slow and move over to the right to ensure they have plenty of room to pass. However, rather than passing, the cop pulls up right behind me, siren blaring. I’m confused, but I finish pulling all the way over.

After several seconds, the cop climbs out and starts walking towards me, only to stop and do a visible double-take when looking at my car. I see him shift back and forth between going up to talk to me and getting back in his car, and he finally chooses the latter, turning the siren back on and driving off. I guess that in the light of the setting sun, he somehow mistook my minivan for the sporty little car he’d been chasing.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!