Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Milked Them Empty

| Right | June 24, 2016

(I am at the drive-thru. A regular customer comes through and this is always how it goes:)

Customer: *at the speaker* “Can I get two small coffees and [other items]?”

Me: “Okay, that’ll be [total] at the window.”

(At the window:)

Customer: “Can I get, like, six cream and six sugars?”

(I hand him six packets each of cream and sugar.)

Customer: “Can I get six packets for each coffee?”

(I hand him six more packets each. Yes, I’m being passive-aggressive about this, but please remember, this is twelve creams and twelve sugars for two small cups of coffee! Today, however, we’ve run out of creamer for some odd reason.)

Customer: *at the window* “Can I get like, six cream and six sugars?”

(I hand him the sugar but, being passive-aggressive, don’t mention the cream.)

Customer: “Where’s my cream?”

Me: “Sorry, we’ve run out of creamer. Someone’s been asking for twelve creams per order.”

Customer: “Well, this is a business. Maybe you should order some more!”

(He threw the sugar at me and drove off angrily. Later, he came inside and complained to my manager, saying – among other things – that it “isn’t my business” how much cream he asks for (even, apparently, when it runs us out of cream). My manager gave him a free bottle of milk for his trouble and lectured me on not criticizing customers. I still feel like it was worth it. Maybe I’m wrong?)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!