Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Might Have To Upgrade Their Wifi

| Working | February 2, 2016

(My boss is originally from Vietnam. Except for the occasional problem understanding her accent we don’t really have a problem communicating, which is why this stood out to me. For those with different lingo, in our store we move boxes from the back with a U-Boat, and the HBC aisle stands for health, beauty, and cosmetics.)

Boss: “I need you to download the HBC boxes.”

Me: “…What?”

Boss: “The boxes in HBC, I need you to download them.”

Me: “I’m sorry… what do you want me to do?”

Boss: “There’s a U-Boat with boxes on it in HBC. I need you to download them.”

Me: “Okay, what do you mean by download?”

Boss: “We need the U-Boat for the truck coming in. Take the boxes off and leave them in the aisle, then bring the U-Boat into the back so we can load it. Then go back and stock the boxes to get them off the floor.”

Me: “Oh! Okay, yeah. I get it. I’ll go do that right now.”

(I would have probably caught the similarities between “download” and “unload” if I hadn’t been thinking, “do we even have a fast enough connection for that?”)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!