Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Mentally Pre(Car)ious

, , , , | Right | February 1, 2010

(I work for a non-profit counseling office.)

Caller: “My boyfriend dumped me and took his car back, so I want to get a car.”

Me: “Are you looking for financial assistance with a down payment?”

Caller: “No, I want a car. My friend told me that you people get donated cars and you give them to people who need them. I need one.”

Me: “Ma’am, I am afraid that’s not the case. We don’t have any sort of car or transportation programs at our agency.”

Caller: “Are you calling my friend a liar?”

Me: “No, I am simply stating a fact. Our agency does not, nor have we ever had a program where we gave out cars.”

Caller: “This is ridiculous! Then what exactly is it that you DO do?”

Me: “We provide psychological counseling and community referrals. I could refer you to another agency that might be able to help you get a car.”

Caller: “I don’t need counseling! I NEED A FREE CAR! You should be ashamed of yourself!”


This story is part of our “Florida Man” roundup!

Read the next “Florida Man” roundup story!

Read the “Florida Man” roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!