Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Mental Health Professional Can Do Nothing For Retail Workers

, , , | Right | January 16, 2020

(I am ringing out a patient of my pharmacy who also happens to be a mental health professional. He gives me a new discount card to see if it will give him a smaller copay than his insurance does. I am skeptical, as the prescription is an expensive one, but I’ve been wrong before, so I process the card anyway, just to be sure.)

Me: *when the copay comes up significantly smaller* “Oh, hey, I was wrong! Here’s your new total; that’s a nice deal!”

Customer: *with practiced couch-side manner* “You didn’t have to say you were wrong so enthusiastically. Is there someone at home who demands that sort of subservience from you?”

Me: *blinking* “No one at home, sir. But, y’know, I work in retail.”

Customer: “Oh, right. You poor thing.”

(He left me his card, but I haven’t taken him up on the matter yet. If you’re reading this, sir, I’m completely okay! I’m humble enough to admit when I’m wrong, but retail has also endowed me with the backbone to stand up for myself when I know I’m right, too!)


This story is part of our Mental Health Awareness roundup!

Read the next Mental Health Awareness roundup story!

Read the Mental Health Awareness roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!