Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Membership Is Console-ing

, , , | Right | October 21, 2020

A coworker at the refund counter has a woman come up with a large fireplace console.

Woman: “I’d like to return this. I just don’t like it as much as I thought I did.”

My coworker peeks in the box, sees a fireplace console, and processes the return. It is decided to put it on the floor as a display model. When the stockers open the box fully, they realize that it is not the console pictured on the box! It is similar but definitely not what the customer actually purchased. This one is dinged up quite a bit on the front and bottom edges, as well. She was trying to replace her old one for free!

Luckily, we work in a membership-based store. We look up the return, find the membership number, and call the member.

Manager: “You have twenty-four hours to come in and repurchase the console you kept and take this beat-up one with you, or we will have to involve the police.”

When the woman arrives, she has all kinds of excuses.

Woman: “Well, I bought it for a relative of mine. They must have been the ones that switched it out!”

Manager: “If you ever pull a stunt like this again, you will be permanently banned from our store.”

They made extensive notes on her account about it. I’m just glad we had her information!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!