Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Medieval Pun-ishment

| Learning | May 15, 2016

(I’m in AP World History. This should mean that all the students in it are intelligent, but some either hide their brains behind immaturity or have a hollow skull. Anyways, we are discussing the Medieval/Dark ages, etc. Note: it is the smack-dab middle of the unit.)

Teacher: *finishes presentation we were just taking notes on* “All right, class. Is there anybody that has questions?”

Random Student #1: “Yes, actually. Why were they called the Dark Ages?”

Class: *mumbles of agreement*

Teacher: “Good question! TONS of factors contributed, but I believe the major reason is due to the general halt of scholarly progress; you know, innovations in technology, lack of widespread education, etcetera.”

(We begin to go back to work, and start the next task. About 30 seconds has passed since the teacher has answered the question.)

Random Student #2: *in the back of the room* “I guess the Dark Ages weren’t very… BRIGHT.”

Me: *immediate head-desk that clapped like thunder* “I’m okay…”

Class: *stunned at both me and the terrible joke, then immediate laughter*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!