Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Meanwhile, In An Alternate Universe…

, , , , , | Right | June 17, 2022

I had just sent a company my invoice for designing their new logo, and the guy I was working with texted me the very next day.

Client: “Hey there. I just wanted to let you know that my boss loves the new logo, and we got your invoice and everything… But my boss wants you to make some changes to the invoice.”

Me: “Okay…? Did I get the company info wrong?”

Client: “No, not that. He wants you to change the payment amount.”

Me: “Absolutely not. We settled on the price before going into this, and everyone approved of the logo design, and I expect to get paid exactly what I have billed you for.”

Client: “Oh, sorry. You see, my boss was so impressed with your design that he actually wants to pay you more than we agreed.”

Me: “…what?”

Client: “So he wanted to know if you could update your invoice for our records? Just double the amount you have listed.”

Me: “Uh… Okay…?”

Client: “That isn’t going to be a problem for you, is it?”

Me: “No! Of course not! Not at all! I’ll get that updated invoice to you right away!”


This story is part of our ‘Clients From Hell’ roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!