Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Maybe You Should Get Busy… Using Your Brain

, , , , , | Working | May 14, 2020

I order a package online, and after a couple of days, I get an email from the courier saying, “Your package has been delivered.” Since I have been working from home all day, I know no package has been delivered, so I contact the courier.

Me: “Yes, I would like some information about package [package number]; the website says it was delivered.”

Courier: “Let me just check… Oh, it looks like we returned the package to the sender.”

Me: “Then why does your tracking system say it has been delivered to my address?”

Courier: “That must be a mistake; according to our system we returned it.”

Me: “But why did you return it? There was nothing wrong with it.”

Courier: “Oh, because of the recent outbreak, our depot was too busy so we just returned it.”

Me: “Okay, then could you please let me know what I need to do to get my package?”

Courier: “Oh, just call the sender and have them resend it.”

Me: “…”

Courier: “…”

Me: “So, just to be clear, you returned a package to the sender because you got too busy, and your solution to solve that problem is to contact the sender and have them resend the package, because that will magically make your company less busy?”

Courier: “Yes! I am glad I was able to help you.”

Me: “I don’t think we were in the same conversation, but okay. I’ll take this up with the sender.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!