Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Maybe They Were Born Yesterday

| Learning | May 14, 2015

(At my college, students are required to have an interview with the course tutor before they can enroll. The phone rings one morning:)

Me: “[College], how can I help you?”

Student: “Yes, I was supposed to attend an interview and I’m calling to let you know I can’t make it.”

Me: “Okay, when was the interview for so I can cancel it and re-book you in?”

Student: “It was yesterday morning.”

Me: *speechless* “…Yesterday?”

Student: “Yeah.”

Me: “Well, we already know you can’t come, because you were due in yesterday. Today is a day later, so you’re calling us the day after you were supposed to come, to tell me you can’t come to your appointment YESTERDAY?”

Student: “Yeah.”

Me: “Okay, well, to be honest calling us the day AFTER you were supposed to attend isn’t very helpful. I have looked at the interview slots for yesterday and it seems the tutor waited 20 minutes for you to turn up. If you can’t make an appointment, you have to tell us BEFORE you are due in, not call us the day after.”

Student: “Why?”

Me: *even more speechless* “Because if you can’t attend, it is pointless informing of this the day afterwards; by then we already know you can’t make it. So call us BEFORE, next time, okay?”

Student: *clearly still oblivious* “Okay…”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!