Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Maybe They Moved Because Of You

, , , | Right | December 28, 2015

Caller: “Hi, I’m at your store location in [City] and it’s not here anymore!”

Me: “I’m sorry; they had to move from that location when their lease expired. The new address is [Very Close Neighboring City, no more than ten minutes away].”

Caller: *scoffs* “Well, what am I supposed to do, then?”

Me: “…I’m sorry; you’ll have to go to the new location. It’s not too far away—”

Caller: “Well, now you’re going to make me drive twenty miles just to get a book?”

Me: “I’m sorry for the inconvenience but there’s nothing I can do about the location.”

(The caller huffs in disgust for a few long moments, apparently too enraged to speak. Then, she just growls out a bunch of angry words about how inconvenienced she is.)

Me: “Again, I’m sorry, but all I can tell you is the new address.” *getting frustrated now* “What else would you like me to do for you, ma’am?”

Caller: “Well, make it come back here! I’m going to miss the Black Friday sales now because of you!”


This story is part of our Black Friday roundup!

Read the next Black Friday roundup story!

Read the Black Friday roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!