Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Maybe The Moths Ate It

, , , , | Right | September 6, 2019

(I work at a dry cleaner.)

Customer: “I am missing a jacket.” *hands me a ticket*

Boss: “This ticket is from 2011.”

Customer: “I know, but I just opened the garment bag yesterday to wear my outfit to church, and the jacket is missing. I want $100 as compensation.”

Boss: “There is no mention of a jacket on this order.”

Customer: “It is a three-piece suit. The dress, the jacket, and the scarf.”

Boss: “There is no jacket listed on the ticket. There are only a dress and a scarf.”

Customer: “Well, that is not my fault. I want my $100.”

Boss: “I’m sorry, but we were not even the owners of this business during that time. Besides, you waited seven years to come up here about this.”

Customer: “It doesn’t matter who the owners were. This is the same business regardless, and you better compensate me.”

Boss: “There is no evidence of a jacket, and we are not going to give you $100.”

Customer: “Then I will take whatever other clothes I have in here and find new cleaners because you won’t take responsibility.” *leaves angrily*

Me: *sideways eye contact with boss* “Well, she won’t be missed.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!