Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Maybe The Card Readers Caught This Guy’s Attitude

, , , , | Working | June 26, 2020

I visit a certain grocery store pretty regularly. It is the closest one to my home. This location has a lot of issues with their card readers. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get my card to run through. It doesn’t happen often enough to make me not want to go back.

Today, I cannot get my card to read at all after numerous tries. The person next to me is also having issues, and someone behind me is, as well. I call the attendant over to let him know the card reader isn’t working and to ask if I can move my items.

Me: “The card reader on this register isn’t working. Can I move my items to a new one?”

Attendant: “It’s not the reader. Our readers are fine. It’s your card. Do you have another form of payment?”

Me: “Um, no.”

Attendant: “Well, I don’t know what to tell you, then.”

Me: “Can I maybe move my items to a different one?”

Attendant: “Why? It won’t help you.”

Me: “Well, the guy next to me was having issues with his card reader and so was a woman behind me. Can I try?”

Attendant: *Rolls his eyes* “Sure. It’s not gonna work, but I guess, if you really have to.”

Guess what? My card worked with no problem. He mumbled something about how he didn’t know why it would act that way and how they never have problems and just walked away. No apology. I almost got a manager but decided not to. I was also too flustered to get his name to file a complaint later. Hopefully, his customer service gets better.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!