Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Match Point To You

| Right | September 4, 2014

(We have a price matching policy that gives 15% off the regular price from other stores, but there are conditions. It has to be off full price, personal shopping only, no online stores, and we have to be able to confirm it with the other store first. A customer thrusts a printed sheet for the price of a sewing machine from another store. She also hands me a printout from our site, stating our discount policy.  This is the first time I’ve dealt with this sort of sale so I take the time to read both printouts.)

Me: “I’m sorry, but this for an online purchase. Our policy does not include online.”

Customer: “They have a shop front.”

Me: “If that is right then I will need to ring them for confirmation.”

(There’s no answer when I ring due to it being a Sunday and the store being closed. I am still reading the printouts when I notice that the price shown is discounted.)

Me: “Sorry, there’s no answer, and I’ve just noticed that this price is discounted. We don’t match discount prices.”

Customer: “It’s not discounted. It’s the normal price.”

Me: “No, sorry. It shows both discount and full price. That full price is actually more than we sell the item for.”

Customer: “No. It’s their normal price and you have to match it.”

Me: “No, we do not match discount prices or online sales.”

Customer: “Now you are just making things up. What other excuses are you going to come up with?”

Me: “I would like to point out that I am reading this directly off the discount policy that you printed off and gave to me.”

Customer: *snatches both sheets off me* “Well, we’ll just go to the other store then!” *storms out*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!