Many Marvelous Miracles!

, , , , , , , | Related | August 21, 2020

This happened eight or nine years ago. I was at my parents’ house, since I had a planned get-together with my friends, when I got a frantic call from my husband that our house was on fire. Sadly, since we only had one car at the time, I couldn’t drive home myself. My dad offered to take me but my husband told me to wait and he’d come and get me. 

The fire had started in my mother-in-law’s room when a piece of clothing fell on top of a power strip. There were a few miracles that day. 

  1. Her door to her bedroom was shut so the fire didn’t spread. 
  2. No one was hurt, including our pets, though the one cat still has PTSD, we think. 
  3. Nana didn’t go shopping that day even though Fridays were normally her shopping day with her friend.
  4. Last but not least, even though the fire reached 1500 degrees according to the firemen, my mother-in-law’s Bible only had smoke damage even though everything else in the room was destroyed. 

She still has the Bible to this day.


This story is part of our feel-good roundup for August 2020!

Read the next feel-good story here!

Read the feel-good August 2020 roundup!

1 Thumbs
280