Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Manly Beers Are Truly Cosmopolitan

, , , , , , | Right | March 24, 2011

(The bar has 100 beers on draft and 207 in bottle. We give customers a beer menu due to the large number of beers that are constantly changing.)

Me: “Good afternoon, sir. Can I get you started with something to drink?”

Customer: “I’d like a beer. What have you got on draft?”

Me: “Well, sir, we have 100 beers on draft. I can give you a minute to look over the menu if you like. I know there’s quite a lot to choose from.”

Customer: “I don’t want to read this. Just tell me what you got.”

Me: “I haven’t quite memorized them, sir. They change almost every day. I can recommend something if you like. Or you can try one of our beers of the month.”

Customer: “Well, I don’t want anything fruity. I’m no pansy, see? What dark beers you got?”

(I list a few dark lagers, ports, and stouts. The customer and I go back and forth for a few minutes because he doesn’t recognize anything. I offer to get him samples to make the process easier.)

Customer: “Ah, forget it. I’ll just get a mojito.”


This story is part of the Refusing To Read roundup!

Read the next Refusing To Read roundup story!

Read the Refusing To Read roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!