Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Manbabies Need Extra Supervision  

, , , | Right | January 28, 2020

I work in customer service and there are about twelve reps in our department. One day, I and two other reps all get the same call: a man who constantly says, “Supervisor, please.” Our company protocol requires us to get the caller’s name and reason for calling if they request a supervisor, but he keeps saying, “Supervisor, please. Supervisor, please. Supervisor, please. Supervisor, please. Supervisor, please.” On three lines.

Of the three of us, I tried to get him to a supervisor, but he kept up with the “Supervisor, please.” He kept repeating it so much that I finally began repeating, “I’m doing my best, sir. I’m doing my best, sir. I’m doing my best, sir. I’m doing my best, sir. I’m doing my best, sir.” That didn’t even faze him.

I finally managed to bring a supervisor to the line and he said nothing more than, “Supervisor, please.” Of course, when he got to her, he was rude and demanding to her.

He did the same thing the next day, but instead of the incessant “Supervisor, please,” he took up seven reps at once, screaming the name of our supervisor, refusing to speak to anyone but her, and saying he would tie up our phones until he got her.

He has since been nicknamed the “Manbaby.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!