Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Managers Improving Their Shelf-Life

| Working | February 2, 2016

(I am the longest-serving staff member, and am also one of the oldest. I usually spend every shift making sure everything is organised, and that people have signed the deployment rota so everybody knows where they are supposed to be. As a result, I often joke that I feel like everybody’s mum.)

Supervisor: *putting non-recyclables in the recycling bin*

Me: *teasing* “[Supervisor]? Did you just contaminate the recycling? Again? If we get fined again, I’m telling [General Manager] it was probably you. She’ll make you pay it.”

Supervisor: *trawls through the bin taking out multiple pieces of rubbish he’d been putting in throughout the day* “I keep forgetting which bin is which!”

Me: *teasing him a bit more* “Do you need me to quiz you on the shelf life on the food again?”

Supervisor: “Bloody h***!” *runs into the office*

(Fast forward to the next day, while on the close with the same supervisor and his twin brother.)

Me: “Well, this is a proud moment for me today!”

Supervisor: “What do you mean?”

Me: “I didn’t have to ask you to sign the deployment rota today! Same with [Twin].”

Supervisor: *smiling*

Me: “And… you didn’t mess up the recycling once today!”

Supervisor: *looking proud of himself* “And I know the shelf life of the foods!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!