Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Manager Can’t Take The Heat

, , , , | Working | April 5, 2018

(While the company I work for used to have a great reputation, it’s gone steadily downhill in the past decade, resulting in downsizing and lots of the original employees leaving for better jobs. I work maintenance, and my new manager has good intentions but is known for making bad decisions and being a bit of an idiot. The following takes place while I’m in the middle of fixing a breakdown:)

Manager: “[My Name], I need you to come take a look at this.”

Me: “Can it wait a minute? I’m in the middle of a job.”

Manager: “It’ll be okay; I need this looked at.”

(We proceed to the other end of the factory and he points out a machine.)

Manager: “Feel that?”

Me: *touches the machine* “Yeah?”

Manager: “It shouldn’t be getting that hot; it must be overheating or something.”

Me: “[Manager], it’s an oven.”

Manager: “Oh… Okay…” *walks off, leaving me leaning on the machine*

(As much as I’d like to say this was a rare occurrence, it was not the first time he interrupted production for some idiotic reason, and I doubt it’ll be the last.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!