Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Management Has Some Bugs Of Their Own To Work Out

, , , , , | Working | November 4, 2022

I’m a software quality analyst. Once, there was this version of a software for me to test. I noticed a huge flaw in it that made the system impossible to use after the users accessed a certain page, which was commonly used. I reported it to my boss.

Manager: “I can’t postpone the release of this software just because a small percentage of people will experience a bug.”

Me: “This will affect 100% of users.”

He went on with the release anyway. S*** hit the fan and the developers scurried to fix it.

Later on, I was called to a room with the manager and the company director.

Manager: “[My Name], you did not properly report the bug, and you didn’t make it clear how big of an issue it was.”

I had reported it in our bug tracker system, so showed this to the director. It had a date, a “pending” status, a “high” severity, and my full report on how it would affect 100% of the users.

Director: “I’m sorry, [My Name]. You can return to your desk.”

He and the manager spent a good time talking after I left the room.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!