Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Mall Up In Arms

, , , , , , , | Right | December 23, 2014

(It’s New Year’s Eve and the mall closes at six pm. Anchor stores that have outside access can choose to stay open later. We have just closed our door and I begin to close the register. A customer bangs hard on our glass doors with both fists and screams something inaudible.)

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, the mall is closed.”

Customer: *screams inaudibly again*

Me: *walks to the door to better hear her*

Customer: “I need to buy [item] right now!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but the mall is closed. It’s New Year’s Eve. We close at six pm as posted in several locations in the mall.”

Customer: “BUT I NEED [ITEM] RIGHT NOW! IT’S FOR MY NEW YEAR’S PARTY!”

Me: “Again, ma’am, I’m sorry but I cannot help you. As I said before, the mall is closed and has been for the past ten minutes.”

Customer: “THAT’S A LIE! [Anchor Store Across The Hall] IS OPEN!”

Me: “They have outside access through their store. We do not.” *starts to walk away*

Customer: *starts kicking our glass door*

Coworker: “Ma’am, my manager has already told you we cannot help you. If you continue to kick at our door we will be forced to call security.”

Customer: *runs*

(The item she wanted was a rather expensive hanging wall piece that had nothing to do with New Year’s. It most certainly wasn’t worth being detained.)


This story is part of the New Year’s Eve roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

23 Funny Stories About Ice Cream Store Customers To Send A Chill Down Your Spine

 

Read the next New Year’s Eve roundup story!

Read the New Year’s Eve roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!