Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Making You Freeze Like A Statue

| Right | March 17, 2017

(I work in a very small retail store with a large display window facing the street. We are just a building away from the center of the town, which is pedestrian and car heavy, especially during the tourist season. The display window is decorated with green and silver, with statues and other ornamental objects on display for the people walking by. All are for sale. The phone rings, and as the only one working, I answer.)

Me: “Thank you for calling [Store]. This is [My Name] speaking. How may I help you?”

Customer: “Yeah, hi! You had a statue on display in the window; I needed to know the price. It’s a [description of statue].”

(I walk over to the window; there are three or four statues that could be the one. I grab the most likely and check the price tag.)

Me: “I’m looking at one that’s priced at [price], but there’s also—”

Customer: “It’s the one to your right.”

(I felt every hair stand up on end as I gave him the price and then retreated to the back of the store. No one ever did come in for a statue.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!