Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Making You Feel Like A Dinosaur

, , , , | Working | March 1, 2018

(I’m 30 and I work at a major online retailer. One evening the Internet goes down for the entire building, which means everything shuts down. We’ve all got a break while it’s being fixed. I’m talking to a cute coworker. Movies come up.)

Coworker: “I was watching one of my favorite movies with my mom a couple days ago and I just saw it in the bins! But now I can’t remember the name! It’s escaped me!”

Me: “What kind of movie?”

Coworker: “You know, one of those really old Disney movies.”

Me: “What, like Black Cauldron?”

Coworker: *gives me a look like “Of course not that one.”* “No, it’s the one with dinosaurs! You know, the really old one.”

Me: “I don’t think The Land Before Time is Disney, and I know We’re Back isn’t. I can’t think of a Disney dinosaur movie.”

Coworker: “You know, it’s 3D and has those little furry creatures?”

Me:Ice Age?”

Coworker: “No! I used to watch it when I was two with my mom. It came out the year I was born.” *long pause because I’m out of ideas*Dinosaur! That’s right! It’s just called Dinosaur! I love that old movie.”

(She’s 18! I thought she was, like, 24! That movie came out when I was in middle school. “Old movie,” indeed. I feel old now. And a little creepy for thinking she was cute.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!