Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Can’t Riggle Out Of This One

| Romantic | December 8, 2014

(My boyfriend and I tend to argue about the absolute silliest things. This is no different. We got on the topic of the worst movies we’ve ever seen, specifically the 2003 Cat in the Hat movie. This is what ensued.)

Me: “Yeah, that movie completely turned my dad off of Alec Baldwin. He won’t watch anything that he’s in anymore, all because of The Cat in the Hat.”

Boyfriend: “What are you talking about? Alec Baldwin wasn’t in that movie.”

Me: “Yeah, he was. He was the mom’s gross boyfriend; the one that wanted to send the kid to military school.”

Boyfriend: “That wasn’t Alec Baldwin!”

Me: “What? Yes it was!”

Boyfriend: “No it wasn’t!”

(I pulled up the Wikipedia page and the IMDb page for the movie on my laptop and showed him the cast lists.)

Me: “There, you see?”

Boyfriend: “Anyone can edit those! They’re wrong!”

Me: “Are you serious?!”

(I start flipping through the images on the IMDb page, showing him screenshots of Alec Baldwin’s character.)

Boyfriend: “That doesn’t look a thing like Alec Baldwin!”

Me: “He’s in costume! No one in this movie looks like their actor!”

(We keep going back and forth for a while, as I keep flipping through the images. I eventually find a photo of Alec Baldwin at a promotional event wearing the red and white hat. He glances at the screen.)

Boyfriend: “Oh, hey, that’s Alec Baldwin.”

Me: “Yes! It is! At a promotional event for the movie he was in!”

(I pull up one of the images of him in character again for comparison.)

Me: “See?!”

(He points at the picture I just pulled up.)

Boyfriend: “But that’s not Alec Baldwin.”

Me: “Well, then, who do you think it is?!”

Boyfriend: “That’s Rob Riggle!”

Me: “Are you frigging kidding me?!”

(I had to pull up both actors’ filmographies to finally convince him that, no, that was not Rob Riggle, and even then he was insistent that he was right. We did eventually sort it out and had a good long laugh afterwards. To this day that’s been our longest, most heated argument.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!