Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Making The Feathers Fly

| Right | June 17, 2014

(I am a chef. The server is fairly new. This is one of her first solo shifts. This couple comes in at the very end of lunch. They are the only customers in the building.)

Male Customer: “Are the chickens fresh?”

Server: “Yup. We pull the feathers in the back.”

Male Customer: “Okay. I’ll take the chicken sandwich and some feathers.”

Female Customer: “I’ll have the cheeseburger.”

(The server enters their order in the computer. She then grabs their drinks and drops them off at the table.)

Male Customer: “Where are the feathers?”

Server: “I just rang them in.” *laughs*

(I cook the food and call out for the server. She picks up the order and brings it out to the table.)

Male Customer: “Where are my f****** feathers? If you don’t bring me my f****** feathers I am going to punch you in the face.”

Server: “I’ll be right back.”

(She goes and gets the manager who goes up to the table.)

Manager: “Is there a problem?”

Male Customer: “I want my feathers. She said you had chicken feathers. She said you had them. If she doesn’t bring them out I am going to punch her.”

Manager: “You need to leave. Now.”

(As strange as this whole situation was, looking back on it now the thing I found the weirdest wasn’t the chicken feather guy. It was his girlfriend that didn’t say a thing through the entire ‘WTF’ conversation the guy had with the server and the manager.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!