Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Making Sure You’ll Never Leaf Your Job

| Working | May 16, 2016

(I’m entering my fourth summer at the restaurant I work at. During the spring and summer months, I primarily serve on our terrace patio. The atmosphere is beautiful, with trees and flowers decorating the patio fence. Unfortunately, it causes quite a bit of natural debris that takes entirely too much time to sweep up, and I seem to be the only one who cares enough to do a thorough job.)

Me: *to the general manager* “So, can we get a leaf blower this year? I just spent nearly an hour sweeping up a winter’s worth of crap.”

(She gives me a noncommittal answer and I leave for the night. The next day…)

General Manager: “[Assistant Manager] has a present for you tomorrow.”

(I exchange confused looks with General Manager and Assistant Manager when General Manager gives me a subtle wink.)

Me: *excitedly* “Are we getting a leaf blower?” *she nods* “A LEAF BLOWER! YAY!”

(I start doing a happy dance and spend the next half hour prancing around the restaurant singing about leaf blowers.)

Coworker: “Why the h*** are you so happy about a leaf blower?”

Me: *whispering* “Leaf bloweerrrrr…”

(It made cleaning the patio ground so much easier (and more fun) the next night. Yay, leaf blower!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!