Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Making Chocolate Taste Bitter

, , , , | Right | September 24, 2018

(I work at a fairly popular coffee chain famous for its obnoxious, stuck-up customers at times. We just started a special on a new blended coffee drink: the [Chocolatey Drink], a super chocolatey blended drink. I am currently working alone as my coworker is on his break.)

Customer: “Do you think I would like the Double Double Fudge Bar?”

Me: “I don’t know. It really depends. If you like chocolate, you will love this drink. It comes with more chocolate than any of our other blended drinks and is supposed to taste like a chocolate fudge bar!”

Customer: “Hm… I think I might try it… Maybe.”

Me: “Well, if you don’t like it, we can always make you a different blended drink!”

Customer: “Oh, wonderful! Yes, I’ll try it, then!”

Me: “All right!”

(I make the drink and hand it off to the customer.)

Me: “So, what do you think? Do you like it?”

(The customer takes a sip.)

Customer: “Hm… No… I really just don’t like it.”

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. Is there another blended beverage that I could make for you, instead?”

Customer: “Yeah, can I try the [Chocolatey Chip] one?”

Me: “Sure thing!”

(I make the chocolate chip drink and hand it off to the customer. She takes a sip.)

Customer: “You know what? I don’t really like this one, either. I’m really just not a huge fan of chocolate. I never have been. Can I try the [Chocolate Mocha] one?”

Me: *stares in disbelief* “Um… The [Chocolate Mocha] one has chocolate in it, too, so if you don’t like chocolate, I would suggest maybe the caramel or vanilla one.”

Customer: “Oh… Hm… Well, what about the chocolate banana smoothie?”

Me: “That will have chocolate in it.”

Customer: *scoffs* “I know that! Fine! I’ll just have the [Caramel Blended] one.”

(I make the caramel one and hand it off.)

Customer: “OH! This is sooooo much better! I just don’t really like chocolate all that much. I’m pretty weird, aren’t I?”  

(The customer pays and walks out, but then walks back in about a minute later.)

Customer: “Actually, can you add a little of that chocolate drizzle on top of this?”

Me: *screams internally*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!