Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Making A Mountain Out Of The Proposal

| Romantic | September 30, 2015

(My boyfriend and I are hiking the Eiger Trail after a lot of sacrifices getting there in the first place. We have been together for 14 years and he is a bit of a commitment-phobe. I am not big on getting married, so the subject of marriage has never been discussed. We are both avid mountaineers and have been very excited for this hike, planning to climb the actual mountain next year. I want to sit down and enjoy the view but he insists on only stopping right at the base of the famous north face that we are both a bit obsessed about, and makes me climb on a boulder and rest. Then…)

Boyfriend: “Maybe it is the altitude that is messing with my mind but…” *pulls out a plastic ring that had sealed a bag with food for the hike and a small bouquet of mountain flowers* “… would you make me the honor of being my wife?”

Me: *speechless and then laughing hysterically* “Yes, but you better not have altitude sickness and not remember this tomorrow!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!