Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Making A Meal Out Of It, Part 7

, , , , , , , | Right | January 11, 2022

I’m taking a man’s order at the register. I repeat everything back to him because we’re both wearing masks and he’s particularly hard to understand.

Customer: “I’ll have two sausage and egg muffins.”

Me: *While putting in the order* “Okay, just two muffins?”

Customer: “And two hash browns.”

Me: “Two muffins, two hash browns.”

Customer: “Yes. And a coffee.”

Me: “A medium cappuccino?”

Customer: “No. Large.”

I change his order in the register to be one meal, and then an extra hash brown and an extra muffin. This will save him at least $2. He is checking the order on the customer-facing display as I enter it.

Me: “Okay, sir, I’ll put that in a meal for you; it’s a bit cheaper that way. The total’s $17.25.”

I explain what I am doing so he will know to order it that way next time, instead of just changing it myself and not telling him.

Customer: “No! I do not want a meal! All I want is what I told you.”

Me: “Sir, what you’ve ordered makes up a meal. It’s the same items but a bit cheaper for you.”

Customer: “A meal will be more expensive! I do not want a meal!”

Me: “A meal will save you a few dollars. It’s the same food but cheaper.”

Customer: “I. Do. Not. Want. A. Meal.”

Me: “Okay, if you’d prefer to pay a bit more for it, I can change it back. Your new total is $19.80.”

Customer: “Oh. Do it the other way, then.”

I was just trying to help him pay less next time he orders, but honestly, I don’t know why I bother sometimes.

Related:
Making A Meal Out Of It, Part 6
Making A Meal Out Of It, Part 5
Making A Meal Out Of It, Part 4
Making A Meal Out Of It, Part 3
Making A Meal Out Of It, Part 2
 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!