Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Makes You Smile Like The Cheshire Cat

, | Working | August 25, 2014

(I am a 20-year-old college student, and have noticed a small black kitten around our campus. After watching him for a while, my friend and I confirm that he is a stray. We decide to trap him and take him to a shelter to get him looked at. We have just been told that they can’t take him, but they will give us some medication to give him.)

Me: “So, these two today and the other in a week?”

Employee: “Yeah. Just be careful giving it to him.”

Me: “I will! So, how much do I owe ya?”

Employee: “Nothing.”

Me: *stunned* “R-really?”

Employee: “Yeah. It’s a good thing you’re doing. Most people wouldn’t, especially if they’re a college student.”

Me: “W-well… I couldn’t just leave him! He’s a kitten. But… thank you so much!”

Employee: “It’s no problem. Good luck!”

(We got the little kitten to a shelter the next day. He was named Midnight and got looked after and rehabilitated. As a broke college student trying to save a kitten’s life, I couldn’t thank this guy enough. He restored my faith in humanity!)


This story is part of our Homeless Animals roundup!

Read the next Homeless Animals roundup story!

Read the Homeless Animals roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!