Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Makes You Scarlett With Anger

| Right | January 22, 2013

Customer #1: “My god, you look just like Scarlett O’Hara! Have you ever seen Gone With The Wind?”

Me: *laughing* “Thanks! I actually haven’t seen it, but I want to eventually!”

Customer #1: “Those blue eyes, and dark hair! You’re a dead ringer, Scarlett!”

(Customer #1, who is a very petite, elderly woman, continues to refer to me as ‘Scarlett’ for all of her questions, calling me over to wherever she is in the store to evaluate different gift baskets, etc. She’s pretty awesome, and I am happy to oblige. Then, Customer #2 enters the store. He is a tall, broad shouldered, grumpy middle-aged man. I leave Customer #1 to go back behind the register.)

Customer#2: “Where the **** are the cheese pretzels?”

Me: “Sorry, sir, but we are out of those until next year. With expansion—”

Customer#2: “That’s bulls***! I have been coming here every other week for two months, and everyone keeps telling me different times!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir! I was ju-”

Customer#2: “I think all of you are full of s***!”

(Suddenly, Customer #1 comes flying around the corner and up to my register.)

Customer #1: *to Customer #2* “Do you even know who you are talking to?! Don’t you dare talk to her like that! You should be ashamed of yourself, you great big lout!”

(Customer #2 clearly was not expecting Customer #1 to yell at him, and sheepishly retreats out of the store but still grumbling.)

Me: “Wow, I’m so sorry about this whole thing, ma’am. I have got to ask, weren’t you scared? That guy was huge!”

Customer #1: “Frankly Scarlett, I don’t give a d*&%!”

(I cracked up laughing and gave her my discount for getting rid of my troublesome customer!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!