Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Makes You Need Some Shore Leave

| Romantic | March 3, 2015

(My husband and I were watching an old Star Trek episode in which Dr. McCoy gets run through by a knight with a spear, the knight being a cellular construct created by the aliens that run the planet. It seems Dr. McCoy is dead, but then his body disappears, and eventually he shows up again because apparently the aliens have the ability to heal him.  I’m a little skeptical.)

Me: “I mean, the episode started out okay where all the things the characters imagined kept coming to life, but it went on too long. It got a little silly. Especially with Dr. McCoy! Even if the aliens could create cellular constructs, he was dead! Spock and Kirk both examined him with that techno thingy they use! I don’t think he would have just waltzed out again perfectly fine with a girl on each arm like that!”

Husband: “It’s fiction, sweetie.”

Me: “Well, you had those other people from Kirk’s imagination coming to life. Maybe he’s not the real McCoy…”

Husband: “…”

Me: “…”

Husband: *laughs and punches me on the arm* “That was awesome! How often do you get an opportunity like that?”

Me: “And I didn’t even mean it! You know, the shortest distance between two puns is a straight line…”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!